THE ANIMALS VIETNAM WAR MUSIC VIDEO HD, Khe Sanh Combat Base, South Vietnam, blackadder73nz
19 Year Old Squad Leader https://www.stripes.com/news/special-reports/vietnam-at-50-legacy/the-bloody-battle-of-khe-sanh-77-days-under-siege-1.314627 Map of Khe Sanh Combat Base, South Vietnam
Soldiers, young men. Soldiers on the ground; soldiers in the air. Soldiers planning the fight; soldiers going to the fight; soldiers in the fight. Soldiers in large trucks; soldiers in small trucks; soldiers in helicopters. Soldiers walking; soldiers running. Soldiers shooting at the enemy; the enemy shooting back. Expressions on the faces of soldiers. The expression of one young soldier seated in a helicopter “taking him to the fight” sticks in my mind; I wonder….. In this video footage of soldiers at Khe Sanh Combat Base, South Vietnam, most of the soldiers are very young, with most of them being in their early twenties, some older. The ones that survived the war, and are alive today, would be in their early to mid-seventies, and older. Many of the soldiers went to war, having previously accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior; the death that they suffered in war was a step leading them to the Presence of Christ for rewards (2 Corinthians 5:8). In the coming “Day Of The Lord” during the Tribulation, there will be war. No place on Earth will be safe. Of those soldiers, whom will be left behind from the rapture of the saints, it will be because they had not been born again. At the time of the deaths of the unsaved tribulation soldiers, their presence will be at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).
II. DAY OF THE LORD
A. “The Day Of The Lord” is a time ahead of us that will include war, which will be a part of the Tribulation. There will also be a time of peace, which will be a part of the Millennium.
B. Revelation 6:4, New Living Translation
Then another horse appeared, a red one. Its rider was given a mighty sword and the authority to take peace from the earth. And there was war and slaughter everywhere.
C. Per J. Dwight Pentecost (Deceased), “Things To Come,””The Day Of The Lord,” pp 230-231, “The Day Of The Lord” will consist of (1) the tribulation, (2) the second coming of Christ, (3) and the thousand-year millennial reign of Christ on earth (also known as the Kingdom Age and the millennium). The Day Of The Lord is that extended period of time beginning with God’s dealing with Israel after the rapture at the beginning of the tribulation period and extending through the second advent and the millennial age unto the creation of the new heavens and new earth after the millennium.
D. There are total opposite conditions that will exist during the Day Of The Lord in , (1) the Tribulation, and in (2) the Millennium. Consider the following two passages of scripture.
E. Joel 3:9-10 New Living Translation (NLT) – Day Of The Lord – Tribulation – War
9 Say to the nations far and wide: “Get ready for war! Call out your best warriors. Let all your fighting men advance for the attack. 10 Hammer your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Train even your weaklings to be warriors.
F. Isaiah 2:4 New Living Translation (NLT) – Day Of The Lord – Millennium – Peace
4 The Lord will mediate between nations and will settle international disputes. They will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation,
nor train for war anymore.
III. SCRIPTURAL BASIS FOR THE TRIBULATIONS
A. All of us read research material that has been written by other people. Whenever we undertake a study of scripture, such as that of the end times, it is important for us to know that the authors of our reference material have been provided by scholars whom have been found to be well-grounded, and highly respected by other scholars, in their studies and application of scripture.
B. The Day Of the Lord will follow the Day of Grace. During the Day Of The Lord, the Judgments of God will be poured out on all of the earth. At the beginning of the Day Of The Lord, Christ will descend form Heaven with His previously raptured saints. Judgment will be executed on the foes of Christ. Christ will take possession of the earth, with His accompanying saints assisting Him, which will last for one thousand years (millennium).
C. The following scriptures discuss The Day Of The Lord, as well as many others. Notice God’s judgment in each verse.
1. Isaiah 13:9 New American Standard 1977
Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, Cruel, with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it.
2. Thessalonians 5:2 New American Standard Bible
For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
3. Peter 3:10 New American Standard 1977
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
D. The Day Of The Lord is included in the Tribulation. The following verses show such a time placement of the Tribulation in the Day Of The Lord. Nations of the world will attacking Israel; the United States Of America will be a part of the attacking force. Notice that the conversation that took place on the Mount Olives was private, only among Christ and His Jewish disciples; it was about a future series of events that relate to Israel and the Jews. The message of Christ would not be witnessed to Gentiles until “Acts 10:34-44, 41 A.D., by Peter; and Acts 13:42-49, 45 A.D., by Paul,” (Dates from Scofield Study Bible). The gospel message of Peter on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41) was preached to Jews (Acts 2:5-14).
IV. MOUNT OF OLIVES DISCOURSE
A. Matthew 24:3 NASB “As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
1. “A private conversation among Christ and His disciples.”
V. BIRTH PANGS
A. Matthew 24:6-8 You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
1. “War. Cosmic disturbances. Global unrest. Jews and Israel will be objects of the anti-christ’s hate.”
A. Matthew 24:9 NASB 9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
1. “Tribulation begins. Israel and Jews are the targets of the tribulation.”
VII. GREAT TRIBULATION
A. Matthew 24:21 NASB 21 For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now,
1. “Great tribulation begins; greater than any other since creation.”
B. Matthew 24:22 NASB 22 Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
1. Matthew 24:22 NASB Jews and Gentiles that miss the rapture, but come to accept Christ as savior, during the Tribulation, will be exterminated by the forces of the anti-christ. Without the return of Christ to save “the saved Jews,” no saved Jew or saved Gentile will survive the genocide of the anti-christ. Jews are the elect of God (Deu 14:2).
VIII. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST – Judgment
A. Matthew 24:29-31 NASB 29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other for entry into the Kingdom of for judgment, and death.”
1. AFTER THE TRIBULATION. Cosmic disturbances take place. Christ returns to earth with great power of glory (Dan 7:13; Zech 14:1-4; Rev 19:11-21). Those whom had rejected Christ will see Him at his return (Revelation 1:7). Angels gather up the Jews (elect) from all of the earth for judgment.
IX. JUDGMENTS OF CHRIST – LIFE AND DEATH – JEWS
A. Taken And Left Behind
1. Matthew 24:36-41 NASB 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.
2. Matt 24:36-41. “One taken, and one left.” THIS IS NOT THE RAPTURE. THIS IS THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. Mt 24:40-41 tells about Jews that are left behind from the rapture. One Jew will be taken to judgment, and death; the other Jew will be left behind to enter the Kingdom, and have eternal life. Those Jews that are left behind to enter the Kingdom are “real Israel” (Romans 11:26); they have been born again (John 3:3); they are believers in Christ (John 3:16). The only way that anyone can enter the Kingdom of God is to be born again (John 3:3). “No one knows the day or hour,” relates to the second coming of Christ, and is not addressed in verses relating to the rapture. “The flood came and took them all away,” relates to the people of Noah’s time who were not righteous.”
a. John Walvoord (Deceased), commentary on Matthew (24:39)”took them all away,” ‘referring to the judgment of unbelievers (in Noah’s time); so at the second coming, some will be taken away for judgment,’ “for judgment preceding the establishment of the kingdom.”
b. John Walvoord, commentary on Matthew, (24:40), “the one who is left (righteous Jew), is left to enter the Kingdom; the one who is taken (unrighteous Jew), is taken to judgment.” This is in keeping with the illustration of the time of Noah when the ones taken away (in the flood) are the unbelievers. Because at the rapture believers will be taken out of the world, some have confused this (teaching of Mt 24:39-40) with the rapture of the church.
X. JUDGMENTS OF CHRIST – LIFE AND DEATH – GENTILES
A. The Judgment Of The Nations/Gentiles. The Sheep and Goat Judgment.
1. Matthew 25:31-33 (NASB) 31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
a. Tribulation Gentiles will also have the same treatment as that of the tribulation Jews . Those whom accepted Christ as Savior during the tribulation will be left behind to inherit the Kingdom and eternal life (Matt 25:34). Those Gentiles whom did not accept Christ during the tribulation will be taken to judgment and death (Matt 25:41) (The context of the Gentile judgment is Mt 25:31-46). “All the nations,” relates to the gentiles of the world. The sheep, “on the right,” are gentiles whom have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior, and have been born again. The goats, “on the left,” are gentiles whom have not accepted Christ as Lord and Savior, and have “not” been born again. vs 32, “nations” relates to those whom are, “distinct from Israel, Gentiles;” they are not specific nations. https://biblehub.com/greek/1484.htm
2. Matthew 25:34-40 (NASB) – 34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
a. “Unto The Least Of These,” is often taught to relate to today’s “day to day” benevolence. However, in this passage, Christ is discussing gentiles in the tribulation whom have shown compassion to “these brothers of mine,” whom are “Jews.” The gentiles show that by showing compassion on the Jews during the tribulation, that they (gentiles) have come to saving faith in Christ. “Inherit the Kingdom prepared for you,” relates to the Kingdom Age as being a predetermined place of dwelling for unbelieving gentiles, whom will miss the rapture, but will come to saving faith in Christ during the tribulation. Through belief in Christ, through the new birth, these “tribulation gentile saints,” will enter the Kingdom age and continue on into the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem. At the time of their new birth, these gentiles inherit eternal life.
3. Matthew 25:41-46 (NASB) – 41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
a. Those tribulation gentiles, whom did not show compassion toward the Jews of the tribulation (God’s chosen people), had not been born again; they had not come to saving faith in Christ. As a consequences of their not being born again, these gentiles will be taken to judgment and the lake of fire (Rev 20:11-15). vs 46 also restates the reward of eternal life for those whom will have been born again during the tribulation.
XI. Please consider the following video discussion on The Day Of The Lord by Dr. Renald Showers.
A. What Does The Day Of The Lord Mean?
What does “the day of the Lord” mean?
XII. Future Studies
A. Two other significant accounts of the second coming of Christ are shown in Zechariah and Revelation, and will be discussed in following articles.
Please follow this blog.
Please follow Christian And Jew Blog