Click on the image to see the text. Click on the arrow to see the video. Video details are shown at the end of this page.
Subject. End Times 2 – COVID-19 – The Tribulation?
Part I. Introduction.
A. Disasters, plagues and death. There have been many deaths in the history of our world that have been the result of disasters and plagues. There are many people who believe that significant catastrophic occurrences, including the current COVID-19 virus, are signs that we are in The Tribulation. There are many believers in Christ who also believe that they will be included in the great number of people who will be part of the tribulation population. This article will discuss, and refute, each of these non-factual theories and beliefs.
1. The following timeline of disasters date back to 3000 B.C. In 1887 China’s Huang Ho (Huang He, Yellow River) flooded and killed about 900,000 people. Up to 2.5 million people are thought to have drowned or died from disease and starvation. (Click onto the following link for more disasters. https://timelines.ws/subjects/Disasters.HTML
2. Plagues and epidemics have ravaged humanity throughout its existence, often changing the course of history. Throughout the course of history, disease outbreaks have ravaged humanity, sometimes changing the course of history and, at times, signaling the end of entire civilizations. Here are 20 of the worst epidemics and pandemics, dating from prehistoric to modern times. In the Spanish Flu: 1918-1920, an estimated 500 million people from the South Seas to the North Pole fell victim to Spanish Flu. One-fifth of those died, with some indigenous communities pushed to the brink of extinction. Click onto the following link for more plagues and epidemics. https://www.livescience.com/worst-epidemics-and-pandemics-in-history.html
a. People, whom were present in the above histories of disasters and epidemics, may have thought that either, the world was coming to an end, or that they were entering into The Tribulation. But, as history has proven, none of the plagues or disasters of the past, regardless of the number of associated deaths, have had any bearing on the order of events of the end times, of which The Tribulation is a key occurrence in Scriptural prophecy. Scripture will prove that this current COVID-19 tragedy has nothing to do with the end of the world or the beginning of The Tribulation. Comments will be made in this article on some basic scriptural reasons that should provide assurance that we are not in The Tribulation, and that the end of the world is also a prophetic Scriptural event that has no basis on “Mother Nature” or a lack of United Nations mandated climate control legislation. There is no Mother Nature.
b. In relation to The Tribulation, there must necessarily be a key figure to emerge, who will be known as the anti-Christ. There have been many figures in history, whom have been said to be the anti-Christ. It is amazing that a number of U.S. Presidents have been included in the anti-Christ list. The all-time most popular contender for the title of Antichrist was not any individual but an office, the Roman Catholic Papacy. The following link shows the list of those whom have been thought to be the anti-Christ. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-7-most-popular-contenders-for-the-antichrist/
c. This article will discuss whether the current COVID-19 virus is a part of the end times scenario of the anti-Christ and The Tribulation, which are tools of God to bring Israel, and Jews everywhere, to saving faith in Christ. It must be noted that the facts and conclusions that are stated in this article come from many years of end times study, and find mutual agreement with the facts and conclusions of the many highly acclaimed sources of information that can be found in my Page, “About Sources,” in this site. These sources have had many more years of end times study than I have had. They have studied the original languages of the Bible, of which I have not. I have found it is best, “not to reinvent the wheel.” J. Dwight Pentecost, Th. D., taught biblical subjects for over 60 years, and wrote many books relating to eschatology. Charles Ryrie, Ph. D., taught biblical subjects for 38 years, and wrote many books relating to eschatology. John Walvoord, Th. D., taught biblical subjects for 50 years, and wrote many books relating to eschatology. These three exceptional theologians are deceased, and taught the majority of their careers at Dallas Theological Seminary. While preparing articles for my site, I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, which begins with prayer. My thoughts design each article, which consist of many biblical facts. However, before I include a conclusion in a writing, I will base my conclusion on facts that have been made by theologians, such as the ones that I have discussed in this paragraph. We all read books that are written by other people; it is my responsibility to choose authors that pass the test of scriptural scrutiny.
B. Tribulation and Scripture examined. There are many scriptural identifiers that let us know of the events that must precede the tribulation. Scripture also identifies those whom will, and will not, be occupants of the tribulation.
1. The events that must precede the tribulation will be (1) The Rapture (catching up) of the born again believers in Christ, and (2) the peace treaty being signed by the anti-Christ and the nation of Israel. (Rapture, English; Rapio, Latin, Harpazo, Greek)
2. Those whom will not have to go through “any part” of the tribulation are the church, whom will be born again believers in Christ, to include small children whom God will cause to be born again.
3. Those whom will have to go through the tribulation will be those whom are not born again at the time of the rapture. Gentiles and Jews will go through the tribulation if they have not been born again, which means they have not come to saving faith in Christ. The purpose of The Tribulation is for God to judge sin, and to draw Jews to saving faith in Christ. At the end of the tribulation when the Jews are about to be destroyed from the face of the earth, God’s chosen people (Deu 14:2) will call on Christ to save them (Matt 23:39; Zech 12:10). During the tribulation, Jews and Gentiles may accept Christ as Lord and Savior and will be allowed to enter into the Kingdom Age of the millennium (1000 years), and the following eternal state of the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem (endless time). However, such tribulation believers may very easily become tribulation martyrs (Rev 6:9-11).
4. The reason for believers in Christ to be caught up from the earth, preceding the tribulation, is for God to deal with Israel, as was stated in paragraph 3, above. Unbelieving Jews must be born again to enter the eternal state. Believing Jews and Gentiles are one in Christ (Gal 3:28) at the time of the rapture because of having been born again. Unbelieving Jews and Gentiles are “not in Christ;” they have not been born again (John 3:3). We are born again by an act of the Holy Spirit (John 3:8); and have the indwelling of the Spirit of God, (“Father, Son, and Holy Spirit”), within our spirit (John 14:20). God’s Holy Spirit teaches born again believers of things of Christ (John 14:26; 16:7-11), and will abide with us forever (John 14:16; John 10:27-30); there is no “if” involved. Once we have been born again, we can not be unborn. God’s Holy Spirit gave us a new spirit, and no one, not even one whom has been born again, can undo that which the Holy Spirit has done within us. Born again believers’ spirits dwell within the Spirit of Christ, and have a spirit as righteous as the Spirit of Christ (2 Cor 5:17, 21). We have the Spirit of Christ dwelling within our spirit (Col 1:27). Our spirit dwells within the Spirit of God, because “God is light, and in Him is not darkness at all” (1 John 1:5). At the time of the rapture, our body and soul (living or dead) will be caught up from this earth (1 Cor 15:50-54). In verse 50 it says that “flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.” In verse 51 it says that “we shall be changed.” Our spirit was changed when we were born again, so our body and soul will be changed to be as perfect as our spirit in this event. In verse 52 it says that “the dead will be raised (resurrected) imperishable (perfect), and “we shall be changed,” (from perishable to imperishable) meaning that those who are alive when the rapture takes place will also be given perfect bodies and souls. Only the dead in Christ, and the living in Christ (we who have been born again), will be caught up by Christ and taken to Heaven (1 Thes 4:13-18). Christ is the One who will take us to Heaven (John 14:6). On the way to heaven we are absent from our earthly body, but are present with Christ (2 Cor 5:8); we will be given rewards (2 Cor 5:10), and will participate in the Marriage of the Lamb (Rev 19:7-8). Born again believers in Christ are the bride of “Christ (2 Cor 11:2) Who died for us, His bride” (Eph 5:32). When the rapture takes place, Christ takes His bride to her dwelling place in Heaven (John 14:2,3,6). Christ and His bride remain in Heaven throughout The Tribulation, until both return to earth for the Battle of Armageddon (Rev 19:11-21), because Israel has called upon the Name of Christ to be saved (Matt 23:39; Zech 12:10; Rom 10:13; Joel 2:32). Satan is bound for 1,000 years (Rev 20:1-3). Christ and His saints rule and reign for 1,000 years (Rev 20:4-6). The unsaved dead of all ages remain in their death state until the end of the 1,000 years (Rev 20:5). Satan is released and leads a rebellion (more on this later) (Rev 20:7-9). Satan is tormented forever (Rev 20:10). The Great White Throne Judgment sends those whom have not been born again into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). Born again believers of all ages enter the eternal state of the new heaven, new earth, and new Jerusalem (Rev 21:1-3). Everything about the eternal state is discussed in Rev 21:4-22:21); everything is wonderful, and Holy.
5. The tribulation relates to Israel, and only Israel (Jer 2:2 30:7; Daniel 9:3-19; 9:24-29); the church has been taken to heaven by Christ (John 14:2,3,6). Notice in Jer 2:2 that the prophecy of Jeremiah relates to Israel, and in Dan 9:2-19, that The Tribulation is a horrible time that unsaved Jews will have to go through. The anti-Christ makes a treaty with Israel and breaks it midway through the seven-year period (The Tribulation) (Dan 9:27), which brings about The Great Tribulation. See Matt 24:4-28: [4:-14, tribulation; 15-28, great tribulation.] [24:6-7, see the same judgments outlined in Rev 6:1-8, Ryrie Study Bible]. God is in charge of bringing the seal judgments of Rev 6 on the earth. God is also in charge of the following trumpet and bowl judgments, which will be of greater severity. Rev 6:1-2, Christ breaks the first seal which brings the anti-Christ onto the scene, who begins to deceive the world and brings about a peace treaty with Israel, but breaks it (Dan 9:27, Ezek 38:11). Rev 6:3-4, Christ breaks the second seal, which brings about war; bloodshed, peace taken from the earth. Rev 6:5-6, Christ breaks the third seal, which brings about famine; great inflation. Rev 6:7-8, Christ breaks the fourth seal, which brings about death; disease accompanies war and famine; one-fourth of the world’s population will die. Rev 6:9-11; Christ breaks the fifth seal, which is the beginning of the Great Tribulation; it brings about martyrdom. The martyrs are people who were left behind from the rapture, and had come to saving faith in Christ, and were martyred because of their faith in Christ. Rev 6:12-17, Christ breaks the sixth seal, which brings about great earthquakes and cosmic disturbances; men will act as if they believe the end of the world is at hand. Yet, more judgments are to come, in the form of trumpet judgments and bowl judgments. Then, the battle of Armageddon will occur, and the Jews will believe that they are about to be exterminated from the face of the earth (Matt 24:22; Zech 12:3-4; 14:1-4).
6. The church is not mentioned anywhere about being in the tribulation. God removes the church from the earth so that He can deal with Israel, and draw Jews to saving faith in Christ. Christ is the Groom, the Husband, of the church. No husband is going to submit His bride to the judgments of the tribulation, of which He is causing to happen. From para 4, above, When we are born again, our spirit dwells within the Spirit of Christ, and His Spirit dwells within our spirit. Our spirit is as righteous as is the Spirit of Christ. In order for our spirit to dwell within the Spirit of God, our spirit must be flawless.
7. If the born again believers in Christ are not taken to Heaven with Christ, after the marriage of the Lamb, how will the bride and groom return to earth to save the Jews at the end of the tribulation? (Rev 19:11-21). If anybody thinks that we are in the “kingdom now,” consider the kingdom as it is described in Isaiah 2:1-4; none of that is going on now. The Kingdom Age of the Millennium (1,000 years) will not come until after Christ returns to earth with His born again believers at the end of the tribulation (Zech 12:10, Zech 14:1-12; Matt 24:29-31).
8. Rev 3:10 states:”Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I will also keep you from “the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.” The earth dwellers, or those that dwell on the earth,” appears again in: 6:10, 8:13, 11:10, 13:8, 13:14, 17:8. In each case, the earth dwellers continue to defy God. Born again believers chose “citizenship in Heaven.” (Phil 3:20); but, earth dwellers chose earth. Believers in Christ “passed the test” when we were born again. Earth dwellers “will be tested on earth,” where they may be born again; however, coming to saving faith in Christ during The Tribulation will most likely result in death from the forces of the anti-Christ (Rev 6:9-11).
9. As I have said, the purpose of the tribulation is to bring unbelieving Jews to saving faith in Christ. Believers already “believe in” Christ. By Christians being in the tribulation, there is nothing that can happen to make our righteous spirit any more righteous. You might ask this question. “If my spirit is dwelling within the Spirit of Christ, and is as righteous as the Spirit of Christ, “why is my husband (Christ) doing all of those horrible things to me, and to my young child, the things that we are facing in The Tribulation?” To think that any born again believer in Christ will have to go through “any” of the seal judgments, we may also say to Christ: “You gave me a spirit that is as pure as Yours, then you gave me a body and soul that is just as righteous as yours. You took me to the marriage, our marriage, of the Lamb. You gave me rewards, and took me on to heaven to a place that you prepared for me. You brought me back to earth with You for the battle of Armageddon. Now! Lord! Please tell me how I ended up in the tribulation, where I will have to come under the control of the anti-Christ, where you will force on my young children and me the judgments of war, famine, death, martyrdom, great earthquakes, stars falling from the sky, up to one fourth of the earth’s population being killed by your judgments, which may include my child and me. Lord, I don’t understand a bit of this!”
Part 2. Conclusion. The conclusion to the matter is simple. (1) The anti-Christ has not come on the scene and signed a peace treaty with Israel. (2) Regardless of what the severity of COVID-19 may be, it is not the beginning of The Tribulation. (3) Only those whom have not been born again will be found in The Tribulation.
Part 3. Video information.
REVELATION. Aug 6, 2019. REVELATION STATION.
Please visit my website http://www.worldsmostshocking.com for more amazing content!
‘REVELATION’ is a compilation of movie clips edited into a high intensity visual aid based off events prophesied in the book of Revelation and elsewhere in the Bible. Viewers take note the video is not meant to be a teachers guide to Revelation and perhaps
over embellished at some points. Although be advised it may be underrated at the same time. I also make no extremist claims as to
the accuracy, interpretation and timeline displayed in this work. This is merely my personal attempt to capture the attention of the learned and unlearned alike and enlighten them visually to future prophetic possibilities and to point them to Salvation in Jesus Christ.
Please follow this site.