Will Psalm 83 be the next prophesied war? Find out with guest Bill Salus and Nathan Jones of the Lamb and Lion Ministries evangelism team as they provide their Prophetic Perspective. See video details at the bottom of this page.
A. Bill Salus speaks on the unfulfilled prophecy of the Psalm 83 War, which will be “The final Arab-Israeli War.” Credentials for Mr. Salus can be found on my Page of theologians for this website. All other sources that are listed in this article can also be checked for credential information on that Page.
B. In this article we will consider information that relates to the past history, as well as to that which points to NOW prophecy and to current day situations that relate to the nations and lands that we are discussing. We will also consider some of the sources of information whose writings helped to make the writing of this article possible.
C. The Roots of the Mideast Conflict. The present hostilities experienced in the Middle East between the Arabs and Jews can be traced to a disposition of hatred, originating almost four thousand years ago. Bill Salus explains how the ancient family feuds between the Middle East patriarchs and matriarchs are the underlying roots of today’s Arab-Israeli conflict. 1
D. NOW Prophecies deal with the most relative information for this present age. This is because they describe events that will likely find fulfillment during this generation’s existence. All unfilled biblical prophecy is important to understand, but of most value to any given group, past, present or future, is the information that was specifically provided through the ancient Hebrew prophecies for that generation’s benefit. The NOW Prophecies are the unfulfilled ancient biblical predictions that appear to be imminent, which means they could happen NOW. These foretellings have either minor or no remaining preconditions inhibiting them from happening. 1.1
E. Psalm 83 was authored by Asaph, about 3000 years ago. Among Asaph’s several hundred attributes, was the gift of prophecy. He was a prophet, according to 2 Chronicles 29:30. 1 Chronicles 25:1-2 informs that Asaph and his sons were specifically instructed by King David of Israel to prophesy. Asaph wrote 12 of the 150 Psalms. He penned Psalm 50 and Psalms 73-83. Among all of these Psalms, Psalm 83 is the most prophetic. The Psalm foretells of a coming Arab alliance that conspires together to eradicate the Jewish state of Israel. This confederation will be soundly defeated by the IDF (Israel Defense Forces). In the aftermath, Israel will achieve the peace and security that has eluded the Jewish state since its recreation in 1948. This IDF victory seems to provide Israel with the peace and security that is predicted in Ezekiel 38:8, 11 and 14. 2
F. This chapter that we are studying, of “Psalm 83: The Final Arab-Israeli War,” treats Psalm 83 as a NOW Prophecy because it appears that Ezekiel 38 and 39 won’t happen until Psalm 83 has been fulfilled and this peace has been achieved. The minor premise for this conclusion is based upon Israel’s present inability to dwell securely in fulfillment of Ezekiel 38:8, 11 and 14. Due to the current instability in the Middle East, Israel lacks the ability to dwell securely. The fulfillment of Psalm 83 should rectify this problem by better stabilizing the region. The major premise is that until Israel dwells securely, Ezekiel 38 and 39 won’t happen. Yet, Ezekiel 38 and 39 must happen in order for the Lord to uphold His Holy Name in fulfillment of Ezekiel 39:7. Therefore, some major event must occur that enables Israel to dwell in peace and safety. Psalm 83 appears to be that significant event. 3
G. Psalm 83: The Missing Prophecy Revealed. War is coming to Israel. Psalm 83 tells about a future day when Israel is savaged by her Arab enemies and emerges victorious in a great Islamic purging. What is the future of Syria? Of Egypt? Of Saudi Arabia? Of Jordan? Will Israel take over the Middle East and become a dominant world power, rich in oil and natural resources? This great event could occur at any moment and change the future of the Middle East and the world. It could also lead directly to the Battle of Gog and Magog, which is described in Ezekiel 38-39, and not of Revelation 20:7-9. https://prophecyw atchers.com/product/psalm-83-book-the-missing-prophecy-revealed/ 3.1
H. It is important to know that the Psalm 83 forces that will attack Israel will be nations that share common borders with Israel (Psalm 83:6-8). In the future Ezekiel 38-39 War on Israel, that will take place in, or near the beginning of the Tribulation, those forces will come from nations that will be from beyond the borders of Israel (Ezekiel 38:2-6). https://prophecynewsstand.blogspot.com/2009/12/psalm-83-and-ezekiel-38-reference-maps.html 3.2
I. The prophecies of the Old Testament relate directly to God’s relationship with Israel, but when such as a “Psalm 83 War” takes place, it will affect the whole world. Because this battle will take place prior to the rapture of the church, those whom are “saved and unsaved” will be present on earth, and will experience the direct and collateral effects of this “ten nation Muslim attack” on Israel. Other unfulfilled pre-tribulation prophecies may come to fruition during our lifetimes. But, it is because of a lack of teaching on the Old Testament prophecies, that many Christians will think that they are in the Tribulation, when the fulfillment of such pre-tribulation prophecies begin to take place.
II. Psalm 83. Past History And NOW Prophecy.
A. Psalm 83 Overview. Psalm 83 is a prophecy about an Arab confederacy that wants to eliminate the Jews from the Jewish state and confiscate the promised land of Israel (Psalm 83:1-5). This prophecy is such a big deal that Asaph beseeches the Lord to be very vocal and proactive about this epic event. He pleads; “Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace. And do not be still, O God!”(Psalm 83:1). 4
B. The prophecy specifies that a group of Israel’s enemies confederate and form a devious plan to destroy Israel. “They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more” (Psalm 83:4). This prophecy did not find fulfillment in the past up to 70 A.D., when Israel formerly existed. It could not have found fulfillment between 70-1948 A.D., when Israel no longer existed. However, it can find fulfillment NOW that Israel presently exists. Psalm 83:6-8 identifies the belligerents by their ancestral names. 5
C. The Role Of The IDF In Psalm 83.
1. Asaph petitions the Lord in Psalm 83:9-18 to empower the IDF to conquer the Psalm 83 Arab confederacy. His pleadings begin in Psalm 83:9-11. In these verses, Asaph calls attention to the historical war examples depicted in Judges 4-8, concerning the Midianites and Canaanites. The Midianites had oppressed the Israelites for seven years, and the Canaanites for twenty years. Both peoples were soundly defeated, and neither ever oppressed the Jewish people or the land of Israel after their rousing defeats. Asaph requests a replication of these past war strategies in order to achieve the same results for Psalm 83. In these instances, the IDF was significantly outnumbered, which is also the case today. The Psalm 83 Arab populations presently number about 180 million, compared to Israel’s meager population of about 8 million. This means that there are about 22 Psalm 83 Arabs to every one Jew. 6
2. Psalm 83 concludes by painting a vivid portrait of what Asaph petitions the Lord for. What he asks for can only be achieved militarily, through conquest, rather than politically through diplomacy (Psalm 83:13-17). “Yes, let them be put to shame and perish (Psalm 83:17). 7
D. The Purposes Of Psalm 83.
1. The fulfillment of Psalm 83 will accomplish at least eight important purposes, which are: (1) The survival of the Jews in Israel; (2) The maintaining of Jewish control over Jerusalem and all of Israel; (3) Peace and security within Israel, at least until Ezekiel 38 follows; (4) The fulfillment of Ezekiel 37:10 which foretells, that Israel will become an “exceedingly great army;” (5) The end of all Psalm 83 Arab aggressions against Israel; (6) The termination of the ancient Arab hatred of the Jews; (7) The evidence that God’s Gentile foreign policy in Genesis 12:3 is still in effect; (8) the proof that the Lord is the one true God (This [# 8] is described in Psalm 83:18, which is quoted and explained in 2. below). 8
2. The ultimate goal of Psalm 83 is concluded in this verse: “So that they will know that You alone, whose name is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth,” Psalm 83:18. Some of the Psalm 83 Arab survivors from Jordan (Jer 48:47 and 49:6), Egypt (Isa 19:18), and Syria (Isa 19:18) will eventually recognize that the God of the Bible is the one true God. However, apart from the Arabs today that are true followers of Christ, the others are mostly Muslim. They believe that Allah is god. The fulfilment of Psalm 83 will prove them wrong. 9
3. When the Egyptians were pursuing the Israelites (1491 B.C.), who were fleeing from Egypt, God used that situation to let everyone know that, “I am the Lord.”(Ex 14:16-19).
III. Psalm 83 In Summary. What is the next prophetic event that will happen in the Middle East? 10
A. Many prophecies concerning that area of the world have recently been fulfilled. For example, the Bible prophesized that in the end times the Jews will be re-gathered from the four corners of the world — an amazing development that occurred in the 20th century, and which continues today. The Bible also prophesized that as the results of that regathering, the state of Israel would be reestablished — a momentous event that occurred on May 14, 1948. Jesus himself prophesized that one day the city of Jerusalem would be reoccupied by the Jews, and that event took place on June 7, 1967. Finally, the biblical prophets stated that, once the nation of Israel was reestablished, all the world would come together against it over the issue of who would control Jerusalem. And that is exactly what is happening today.
B. So, what’s next? Most believe that it will be an invasion of Israel, led by Russia accompanied by a number of Muslim nations. But, Bill Salus, the author of Isralestine, believes otherwise. He thinks the next great prophetic event in the Middle East will be a war between Israel and all the Arab nations that share a common border with it. Where does he get that idea? Who is going to win that war? And what will be the consequences? Click onto the following link for a video discussion of the Psalm 83 War, as well as other written information on the subject. https://christinprophecyblog.org/2009/05/psalm-83-explained/
IV. Video Information.
A. Nathan Jones and Bill Salus.
B. The Psalm 83 War | Prophetic Perspectives #101
C. Christ In Prophecy. Oct 12, 2020
D. Will Psalm 83 be the next prophesied war? Find out with guest Bill Salus and Nathan Jones of the Lamb and Lion Ministries evangelism team as they provide their Prophetic Perspective.
V. Sources Of Information. I will put this statement of sources of information on each of my future articles.
A. Footnotes. The following sources of information provide great teaching ideas; I encourage everyone to purchase these materials. Of the footnoted sources, I have been blessed by Bill Salus and his search for prophetic information. I have seen Bill in many interviews where he is questioned, about “end times and last days subjects,” by authors, pastors and theologians, whom are well known for their expertise in such areas of God’s Word. I have been greatly blessed by Bill’s research that has brought about his teaching on the “NOW, NEXT, LAST and FINAL” Prophecies. Through “You Tube” videos I have watched, hours upon hours, of Bill Salus being interviewed, and have found his knowledge of God’s Word to be very “credible.”
1. Prophecy Watchers, https://prophecywatchers.com/product/psalm-83-package/
1.1 Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 9
2. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 111
3. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 112
3.1 Gary Stearman, Prophecy Watchers,
3.2 Gary Stearman, Prophecy Headline
4. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 115
5. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 116
6. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 119
7. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 120
8. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 120
9. Bill Salus, The Now Prophecies, pg 121
10. David Reagan, Christ In Prophecy
B. Everyone reads something that someone else has written. Therefore, it is important to choose authors whom have proven to be knowledgeable of the things that they have written, and also have a high degree of acceptance from their peers. In addition to the sources of information that are footnoted in the above paragraph, there are many other theologians for whom I greatly respect, and whose works I use for reference in the articles that I write. A list of such theologians, along with their credentials, can be found on this website’s Page of my sources of information. On that page you can also find linked information that tells of ministry works of many of those trusted theologians.
VI. Please follow this site.