I. Day Of The Lord Scripture Basis. Jeremiah 30:7. English Standard Version.
Alas! That day is so great
there is none like it;
it is a time of distress for Jacob;
yet he shall be saved out of it.
II. Day Of The Lord Prophecies. 1
A. It will be evident that the events of the Day of the Lord are momentous. Therefore, a study of this period must include a study of a great part of the prophetic Scriptures.
B. This study will include the prophesied events of the Tribulation period. Consider the following prophesies:
1. The federation of states into a Roman Empire (Daniel 2 and 7).
2. The rise of the political ruler of the empire, who makes a covenant with Israel (Dan 9:27; Rev 13:10).
3. The formulation of a false religious system under the antichrist (Rev 13:11-18).
4. The outpouring of the judgments under the seals (Rev 6).
5. The separation of the 144,000 witnesses (Rev 7).
6. The trumpet judgments (Rev 8-11).
7. The persecution of Israel (Rev 12).
8. The outpouring of the bowl judgments (Rev 16).
9. The overthrow of the false professing church (Rev 17 and 18).
10. The events of the campaign of Armageddon (Ezek 38 and 39; Rev 16:16; 19:17-21).
11. The proclamation of the gospel of the Kingdom (Matt 24:14).
C. This study will also include the prophesied events connected with the second advent, such as:
1. The return of the Lord (Matt 24:29-30).
2. The resurrection of Old Testament and Tribulation saints (John 6:39-40; Rev 20:4).
3. The destruction of the Beast and all his armies, and the False Prophet and his followers in the Beast worship (Rev 19:11-21).
4. The final judgment on the nations (Matt 25:31-46).
5. The regathering of Israel (Ezek 37:1-14).
6. The judgment on living Israel (Ezek 20:33-38).
7. The restoration of Israel to the land (Amos 9:15).
8. The binding of Satan (Rev 20:2-3).
D. Further, this study will include:
1. All of the events of the Millennial Age, with the final revolt of Satan (Rev 20:7-10).
2. The Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11-15).
3. The purging of the earth (2 Pet 3:10-13).
D. The above, and many related subjects, must also be studied.
III. Scripture Context.
It is important to note that none of the Scriptures in the above sections have anything to do with the time in which we are living now. The above Scriptures relate to the time that begins with the onset of the Tribulation, which will be when the Antichrist confirms a treaty with Israel. The Rapture occurs prior to the Tribulation, and is not present in any of the above Scriptures. All of the above Scriptures relate to Godly decisions and enactments, and are not the result of Satanic initiatives, except when God uses Satan for His purposes. Tribulation judgments are clearly identified as being the results of the actions of Christ and Godly angels. The Scriptures of Matthew 24-25 are those of Christ explaining to His disciples the things that will happen on earth during the Tribulation, at the return of Christ from Heaven to Earth, and at the end of the Tribulation when He will set up His earthly Kingdom (Matt 6:10). As we see in the first scripture, that is presented in this article. (Jer 30:7), the purpose of the Tribulation is to draw unsaved Jews to belief in Christ, and has no purpose for the born again believers of the Church.
IV. Footnote. 1
“Things To Come,” A Study In Biblical Eschatology, 1958, Zondervan, pgs 229-231, J. Dwight Pentecost. Dr. Pentecost was Distinguished Professor of Bible Exposition, Emeritus, at Dallas Theological Seminary, one of only two so honored. He held a B.A. from Hampden-Sydney College (1937), in addition to Th.M. (1941) and Th.D. (1956) degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary. During his academic career he taught biblical subjects for over 60 years (Philadelphia College of Bible, 1948–55; Dallas Theological Seminary, 1955-2014). His nearly twenty books are written mostly for the general Christian reader. His pastoral career continued through this period. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Dwight_Pentecost
V. New Website.
Please check out my new website. The new site complements this Eternity website.
Israel In The End Times