I. Opening Video. A Middle East Myth. Prophetic Perspectives #100. Oct 8, 2020. Christ In Prophecy.
A. What is the greatest myth about attaining peace in the Middle East? Find out from the opening video with Dr. David Reagan and the Lamb And Lion Ministries evangelism team as they provide their Prophetic Perspectives.
B. Another myth will be discussed in this article, which relates to Israel claiming ownership of the land that God promised to His chosen people (Deu 14:2) in 1913 B.C Gen 15:18-21). We will show scriptural authority and historical records that address ownership of the land that God’s chosen people occupy.
II. Israel’s Prophetic Timeline. 1
A. As we continue our study of the NOW Prophecies, it is important to discuss our present place on God’s calendar of events. Without a doubt, the most important prophetic information for every generation is the knowledge of its whereabouts on our Lord’s prophetic timeline.
B. The prophet Isaiah tells us that there exists a definite beginning and ending, so the logical question for us to ask is, “where are we now?” Consider the following verses from the Jewish Prophet Isaiah:
Isaiah 46:9-10 (712 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
9 “Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
C. The simple answer is that we are somewhere between the two prophetic events of the rebirth of the nation of Israel, and the Ezekiel 39:7 “upholding of the Lord’s Holy Name” through the nation of Israel.
Ezekiel 39:7 (587 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
7 “My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
D. In fulfillment of numerous prophecies, Israel was reborn as a nation on May 14, 1948. This is when the end time’s hourglass made its final turn, and now the grains of sand are rapidly descending downward into its lower chamber. Mankind is racing toward the expiration of this present earth.
E. The events of the previous Isaiah and Ezekiel prophecies should standout like monumental bookends to this present generation, because they are intended to serve as the prophetic proof that the God of the Bible is the one true God over all of the earth. Replacement theology, the erroneous teaching that God is done with the Jews, has facilitated the failure of many Christians to recognize miraculous existence of the Jewish state of Israel. However, their ignorance does not erase the fact that Israel today is a marvelous sovereign undertaking of the Lord. Accoring to the Jewish Prophet Jeremiah, it was intended to be so. Consider the following veres of Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 23:7-8 (599 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
7 “Therefore behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when they will no longer say, ‘As the Lord lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of Egypt,’ 8 but, ‘As the Lord lives, who brought up and led back the descendants of the household of Israel from the north land and from all the countries where I had driven them.’ Then they will live on their own soil.”
F. The Hebrew exodus from Egypt resulted in the parting of the Red Sea (Exodus 14). This was a supernatural event that has yet to be outmatched or duplicated to this day. The miracle was to be memorialized in the midst of the Hebrews generations that followed. It served to remind the Jews that their God Yahweh could deliver them through all obstacles and oppressions. In addition to this monumental miracle, the Old Testament is filled with other historical examples evidencing this fact.
G. However, Jeremiah 23:7 declares that the exodus episode will pale in comparison to the modern day miracle of the rebirthed nation of Israel. Rightfully so, the Lord had to accomplish much more than parting the Red Sea in order to reestablish the nation of Israel in modernity. Below are a few examples that depict the enormous sovereign undertaking of God in order for Israel to exist today:
1. “Implant Zionism In Jews.” Zionism is the term associated with the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel. In the late 1800s, after centuries of existence outside of their country, the Jews began to yearn to return to their ancient homeland. They were, and still are, willing to leave their world countries, diverse cultures, and differing languages to return to a place that was desolate and is presently dangerous.
2. “Create Arab Homeland.” From 1517 to 1917 A.D., the Middle East was under the control of the Ottoman Empire. That dominion abruptly ended with the Turkish loss in World War I. This empire had to be eliminated in order for the Mideast to be rezoned with Arab states, and a Jewish state. The creation of the Arab states and the Jewish sate was the fulfillment of the Lord’s Mideast Peace Plan provided in Jeremiah 12:14-17, as follows:
Jeremiah 12:14-17 (608 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
14 Thus says the Lord concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, “Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. 15 And it will come about that after I have uprooted them, I will again have compassion on them; and I will bring them back, each one to his inheritance and each one to his land. 16 Then if they will really learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As the Lord lives,’ even as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up in the midst of My people. 17 But if they will not listen, then I will uproot that nation, uproot and destroy it,” declares the Lord.
a. The Jeremiah 12:17 prophecy specified that the Arabs and Jews will return to their homelands, which occurred in the aftermath of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.
b. It is important to note that Jeremiah 12:17 predicts the destruction of the Arab nations that curse Israel instead of live peacefully alongside Israel. This destruction seemingly occurs with the NOW prophecy of Psalm 83.
3. “Prevent Nai Genocide.” In order for the Jewish state to exist, Jews needed to exist. During World War II, Adolph Hitler and the Nazis attempted the genocide of the Jews. Had they been successful, there would be no Israel today. Whereas, World War I freed up the ancient land of Israel for the Jewish people. World War II prepared the Jews for the land of Israel.
4. “Empower The Allied Forces.” Communist Russia teamed up with the capitalistic America, and the other allied forces, to defeat the Nazis. This cohesion of this unlikely coalition was also the miraculous sovereign undertaking of the Lord.
5. “Create The Jewish State.” With the control of the Ottoman Empire relinquished, and the establishment of the Arab states in place, the restoration of Israel occurred. These territorial shifts paved the way for the state of Israel to come into existence.
6. “Empower The Israeli Army.” Ezekiel 37:10, 25:14, and Obadiah 1:18, and elsewhere, predicted the rise of today’s Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). Through the process of three regional wars in 1948, 1967, and 1973, the Jews transformed from refugees into the most powerful army in the Middle East. This had to happen in order to sustain Israel’s existence.
7. “Preserve And Prosper Israel.” Israel is becoming a prosperous nation. According to Ezekiel 38:12-13, Israel continues to prosper and achieve an abundance of plunder and booty. It is this prosperity that motivates the Russian Gog of Magog invaders to attack Israel.
III. The Upholding Of God’s Holy Name Through The People Of Israel. 2
A. The Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38-39 is the other major prophetic marker for this generation to consider. Ezekiel 38:1-39:20 contains forty-three verses of some of the most consolidated and descriptive prophetic information found anywhere within the entire Bible.
B. The reader of the above passages do not need to be a Bible scholar, rocket scientist, or even a believer in Christ to glean a relatively detailed understanding of this forthcoming prophecy. By interpreting these verses literally, the reader is made aware of the following details:
1. Timing of the event (In the end times). Ezekiel 38:8,16.
2. Identities of the invading coalition (These are “Outer Ring” countries because they do not share common borders with Israel). Ezekiel 38:1-5.
3. Motivation or the invasion of Israel (To take spoil, plunder and booty from Israel). Ezekiel 38:12-13.
4. Conditions inside Israel at the time of the the invasion (A nation at peace that is dwelling securely, without walls). Ezekiel 38:8, 11, 14.
5. Defeat of the invaders by supernatural means (Earthquake, pestilence, bloodshed, flooding rains, great hailstones, fire and brimstone). Ezekiel 38:18-23.
6. Aftermath of the event (Israel will gain international renown for burying the dead for seven years). Ezekiel 39:9-16.
7. Purpose of the prophecy (The upholding of the Holy Name of God). Ezekiel 39:7.
C. The Lord appears to have intended the above verses to be relatively easy for everyone to understand, because this is the epic event through which He pledges to notify the world that He is the one true God.
D. There will be no way to misconstrue that the supernatural destruction of the Magog invaders of Ezekiel 38-39 will come exclusively through the hand of the Lord. Although Israel is positively identified within this prophecy, and possibly even America, the victory over the Russian coalition will not be attributed to either, but the Lord will get the full credit. In the aftermath, God alone will receive credit for Israel’s victory. Our Lord will have validated His sovereignty over the affairs of men, as declared in Isaiah 46:10 (712 B.C.), “I (the Lord) will do all My pleasure.”
E. Our Lord will be able to proclaim, with absolute authority, that He is the covenant keeping “God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,” who sent His only begotten Son, Yeshua, so that all who receive Him as their Lord and Savior will not perish but have eternal life.
F. In my upcoming article, which will be entitled, “Ezekiel 38: The Israeli Perspective,” I will provide a brief discussion of the Gog and Magog War. The article will address my views on the timing of this Prophecy, which I believe will occur before the seven-year Tribulation Period begins (i.e., Daniel’s Seventieth Week). It will also explore whey the Rapture probably will occur before both Ezekiel 38 and the Tribulation Period.
G. In another upcoming article, which I will call, “The Decline Of America,” biblical, historical, and geo-political arguments will be made which will show why America could be identified in Ezekiel 38:13, as the young lions of the merchants of Tarshish. The USA in this prophecy is seen as a lesser nation, a meager sideline spectator of the Magog invasion. America, shrunken to this non-superpower stature, appears to occur as one of the NOW Prophecies.
IV. History Of Israel.
A. God promised the land of Israel, to Israel, in the Abrahamic Covenant.
Genesis 15:18-21 (1913 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying,
“To your descendants I have given this land,
From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 the Kenite and the Kenizzite and the Kadmonite 20 and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Rephaim 21 and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Girgashite and the Jebusite.”
B. God allowed Moses to see the promised land before Moses died.
Deuteronomy 34:1-4 (1451 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
1 Now Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho. And the Lord showed him all the land, Gilead as far as Dan, 2 and all Naphtali and the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah as far as the western sea, 3 and the Negev and the plain in the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar. 4 Then the Lord said to him, “This is the land which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants’; I have let you see it with your eyes, but you shall not go over there.”
C. The Israelites entered into the promised land.
Joshua 3:17 (1451 B.C.)
New American Standard Bible 1995
17 And the priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan while all Israel crossed on dry ground, until all the nation had finished crossing the Jordan.
D. The name of Israel changed by Romans.
1. Origins of the Name “Palestine”. https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/origin-of-quot-palestine-quot
a. Though the definite origins of the word Palestine have been debated for years and are still not known for sure, the name is believed to be derived from the Egyptian and Hebrew word peleshet. Roughly translated to mean rolling or migratory, the term was used to describe the inhabitants of the land to the northeast of Egypt – the Philistines. The Philistines were an Aegean people – more closely related to the Greeks and with no connection ethnically, linguistically or historically with Arabia – who conquered in the 12th Century BCE the Mediterranean coastal plain that is now Israel and Gaza.
b. In the 2nd century A.D., the Romans crushed the revolt of Shimon Bar Kokhba (132 B.C.), during which Jerusalem and Judea were regained and the area of Judea was renamed by the Roman Emperor Hadrian, “Palaestina,” in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel.
2. History of the Term Palestine https://www.levitt.com/essays/palestine
a. From where did the term Palestine originate? How did the world and the church get into the habit of calling the land of Israel “Palestine”? One of the guides we use in our tours to Israel is Zvi Rivai, an Israeli Messianic believer, who has done considerable research on this subject. Zvi informs us that before 135 A.D., the Romans used the terms Judea and Galilee to refer to the Land of Israel. When Titus destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D., the Roman government struck a coin with the phrase “Judea Capta,” meaning Judea has been captured. The term Palestine was never used in the early Roman designations.
b. It was not until the Romans crushed the second Jewish revolt against Rome in 135 A.D., under Bar Kochba, that Emperor Hadrian applied the term Palestine to the Land of Israel. Hadrian, like many dictators since his time realized the propaganda power of terms and symbols. He replaced the shrines of the Jewish Temple and the Sepulchre of Christ in Jerusalem with temples to pagan deities. He changed the name of Jerusalem to Aelia Capitalina, and changed the name of Israel and Judea to Palestine. Hadrian’s selection of Palestine was purposeful, not accidental. He took the name of the ancient enemies of Israel, the Philistines, Latinized it to Palestine, and applied it to the Land of Israel. He hoped to erase the name of Israel from all memory. Thus, the term Palestine, as applied to the Land of Israel, was invented by the inveterate enemy of the Bible and the Jewish people, Emperor Hadrian.
c. It is interesting to note that the original Philistines were not Middle Eastern at all. They were European peoples from the Adriatic sea next to Greece. It may have pleased Hadrian to utilize this Hellenistic term for the Jewish land. In any case, the original “Palestinians” had nothing to do, whatsoever, with any Arabs.
3. Is the name Palestine an accurate name for Israel? http://letusreason.org/Biblexp63.htm
a. No, it is not. Israel is often called Palestine which is a derogatory term used by her enemies in the past. There was never a Palestine and there is no such thing as Palestinian people until the conflict of our modern time. Israel is referred to this name by the Arabs because the Arabs want to insinuate they stole the land from them.
b. The Bible never uses the name of “Palestine”, but calls it the land “Judah” or “Israel”. Mt. 2:20-21: “Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead who sought the young child’s life. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.”
4. The Myth and Fraud That There Ever Was an Arab Country or People Called ‘Palestine.’
The Myth and Fraud That There Ever Was an Arab Country or People Called ‘Palestine’ (Part Two of Two)
a. For the two thousand years after the Romans renamed Israel, the land of “Palestine,” was synonymous with the Land of Israel. There never was an Arab political entity called “Palestine.” No Arabs denominated themselves “The Palestinians.”
b. Roman conquerors under Vespasian and Titus destroyed the Holy Temple in the year 70 A.D., and the Romans drove most of the remaining Jews out of Israel in the year 135 A.D. under Hadrian and Julius Severus with the fall of Fortress Betar. To extinguish the Jewish bond with the land for all forthcoming eternity, and to prevent yet another Jewish return to Israel from Exile, as had happened only seventy years after the Babylonian expulsion of 586 B.C., the Romans changed the name of the land to identify it with the pagan Biblical peoples who preceded the Jews there before Joshua: the Philistines (“Plishtim,” in Biblical Hebrew). That is where the name “Palestine” comes from: Not Arabs bearing a name — but Rome renaming the conquered Land of Israel for the Plishtim, the Philistines of the time of Joshua and Samson and King Saul.
5. The True Identity of the So-called Palestinians. http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm
a. There is no such a thing like a Palestinian people, or a Palestinian culture, or a Palestinian language, or a Palestinian history. There has never been any Palestinian state, neither any Palestinian archaeological find nor coinage.
b. The present-day “Palestinians” are an Arab people, with Arab culture, Arabic language and Arab history. They have their own Arab states from where they came into the Land of Israel about one century ago to contrast the Jewish immigration. That is the historical truth. They were Jordanians (another recent British invention, as there has never been any people known as “Jordanians”), and after the Six-Day War in which Israel utterly defeated the coalition of nine Arab states and took legitimate possession of Judea and Samaria, the Arab dwellers in those regions underwent a kind of anthropological miracle and discovered that they were Palestinians – something they did not know the day before. Of course, these people having a new identity had to build themselves a history, namely, had to steal some others’ history, and the only way that the victims of the theft would not complain is if those victims do no longer exist.
V. Biblical Israel.
A. Israel is identified in the New American Standard Bible, 1995 translation, a total of 2361 times by name, as well as 645 times by topic.
B. The first dated verse in the Bible, as it relates to Israel, is found in Genesis 11:26. The date of that activity is 2165 B.C. (Ryrie Study Bible)
B. The last dated verse in the Bible, as it relates to Israel, is found in Revelation 21:12. The date of that activity is 96 A.D. (Ryrie Study Bible, Scofield Study Bible)
C. The Bible was written over a period of 1500 years, by 40 human writers, in three continents. The Biblical creation account was written by Moses in 1405 B.C. The totality of the Bible was written under the inspiration of God’s Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Zechariah 7:12) (MacArthur Study Bible). Genesis 1:1 is dated 4004 B.C. in the Scofield Study Bible. The Liberty Commentary Bible explains a 4004 B.C. creation date (pg 3), and a 10,000 B.C. creation date (pg 4). The Holman Old Testament Commentary, Genesis, (copyright 2002, pg 2), states that mankind has been on earth for 10,000 years, which would have a Genesis 1:1 creation date of approximately 8,000 B.C.
VI. Biblical Comparison To Comparable Time Era Writings.
A. Israel is named 2929 times in the Old Testament, New American Standard Bible translation, 1995 update, by name or topic.
B. Bible Manuscripts – Reliability of the Old Testament
1. Dramatically, when the Bible manuscripts are compared to other ancient writings, they stand alone as the best-preserved literary works of all antiquity. Remarkably, there are thousands of existing Old Testament manuscripts and fragments copied throughout the Middle East, Mediterranean and European regions that agree phenomenally with each other. 1 In addition, these texts substantially agree with the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, which was translated from Hebrew to Greek some time during the 3rd century BC. 2 The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in Israel in the 1940’s and 50’s, also provide astounding evidence for the reliability of the ancient transmission of the Jewish Scriptures (Old Testament) in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd centuries BC. 3
2. Jewish scholars performed “unbelievable” care in copying and preserving Scripture.
The Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in 1947 are dated from the third century B.C. to the first century A.D. These manuscripts predate by 1000 years the previous oldest manuscripts. They represent every Old Testament book except Esther (as well as non-biblical writings). There is word for word identity in more than 95% of the cases, and the 5% variation consists mostly of slips of the pen and spelling.
C Israel is named seventy-eight times in the New American Standard Bible translation, 1995 update.
D. Manuscript evidence for superior New Testament reliability.
Manuscript evidence for superior New Testament reliability
1. There are presently 5,686 Greek manuscripts in existence today for the New Testament.1 If we were to compare the number of New Testament manuscripts to other ancient writings, we find that the New Testament manuscripts far outweigh the others in quantity.2
2. As you can see (from the linked chart), there are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition, there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.
3. If the critics of the Bible dismiss the New Testament as reliable information, then they must also dismiss the reliability of the writings of Plato, Aristotle, Caesar, Homer, and the other authors mentioned in the chart at the beginning of the paper. On the other hand, if the critics acknowledge the historicity and writings of those other individuals, then they must also retain the historicity and writings of the New Testament authors; after all, the evidence for the New Testament’s reliability is far greater than the others. The Christian has substantially superior criteria for affirming the New Testament documents than he does for any other ancient writing. It is good evidence on which to base the trust in the reliability of the New Testament.
A. The opening question to this article is one that everyone should consider: “Where Are We Now On God’s Timeline?” As was stated in Paragraph II.C.: “The simple answer is that we are somewhere between the two prophetic events of the rebirth of the nation of Israel, and the Ezekiel 39:7 “upholding of the Lord’s Holy Name” through the nation of Israel.” However, I think that we should expand on that answer.
B. The untrue propaganda that is widely spread through the world about Israel has created a powder keg that is waiting to be ignited, thereby creating an explosion having collateral effects that may be felt in all areas of the world. In this study of unfulfilled “NOW” prophecies, that will take place against the enemies of Israel, it is imperative that we stay aware of the anti-Jewish sentiments that are so very wide-spread.
C. God has an unfulfilled plan for Israel, and we must not be swayed from our Godly support for His chosen people (Gen 12:3). The majority of the nations of the United Nations have an unending verbal assault on Israel. The vast numbers of the mainstream news media outlets repeatedly take the side of “the Palestinians” over Israel. But, God will not abandon Israel; He is unrelenting in Zechariah 2:8
1. Verse. “For thus says the Lord of hosts, “After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye.”
2. Comment. Harming God’s chosen people is like striking the pupil of God’s eye. MacArthur Study Bible.
D. It is important to remember that NOW Prophecies are the unfulfilled ancient biblical predictions that appear to be imminent, which means they could happen NOW.
VIII. Israel In The News.
IX. Article References. The individuals who are sources of information, that are mentioned in my articles, are listed by education and accomplishment on my Page of theologians. The source documents that are noted are worthy of being in anyone’s reference library, and should be considered for purchase. The following footnotes of Bill Salus are a product of the years of dedication that Mr. Salus has poured into his study of Biblical prophecy.
1. Bill Salus, NOW Prophecies, pg 15-19
2. Bill Salus, NOW Prophecies, pg 19-21
IX. Please follow this site.